Availability: SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort
Upscale resort on the beach, with 7 outdoor swimming pools
Collect 200 points.*
Simply enter your Nectar card number on the confirmation page. Your points will be credited 30 days after your trip is complete. *Offers may apply
Wake up to the ocean at your door at this resort, which is located by the sea and set on its own private sand beach.
At SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort, spend the day on the private sand beach where you can enjoy snorkeling. Then return for a meal at one of the resort's 9 restaurants.
In addition to satellite television, guestrooms include beds with pillowtop mattresses, refrigerators, and air conditioning.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 1 May 2014 to 31 July 2014 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Swimming pool
SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort Amenities
- All-Inclusive Details
This resort is all-inclusive. Onsite food and beverages are included in the room price (some restrictions may apply).
SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort is an all-inclusive resort. Room rates include meals and beverages at onsite restaurants and bars. Other items and amenities, including taxes and gratuities, and access to recreational activities and entertainment may also be included. Additional charges may apply for meals at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, certain beverages, and other amenities.
Step outside to unwind on the sand beach. Bring your whole family to SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort for summer fun including 7 outdoor swimming pools, a complimentary children's club, and a children's pool.
Dining is available at one of the resort's 9 restaurants and guests can grab coffee at the coffee shop/café. The property also has a snack bar/deli. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the resort's bars, which include 8 beach bars and a swim-up bar. Public areas are equipped with high-speed wired and wireless Internet access (surcharge). This all-inclusive resort also offers a health club, a steam room, and a sauna. Complimentary self parking is available on site.
SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Children's club (free)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 698
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of beach bars - 8
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Hair salon
- Health club
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Number of outdoor pools - 7
- Number of spa tubs - 2
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- On private beach
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Tennis on site
- Year Built 2005
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 9
- Free self parking
- RV, bus, truck parking
- Private beach - direct access
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach towels
- Snack bar/deli
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 24
- Spa services on site
- Steam room
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Swimming pool - children's
- Swim-up bar
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - ( £15.00 USD / per day ) , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Free self parking, RV, bus, truck parking
- Room Amenities
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Satellite TV service
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Pillowtop mattress
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Sharazad - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Around the world - This restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast and lunch.
La Trattoria - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves dinner only. Reservations are required.
Asia - This restaurant specializes in Asian cuisine and serves dinner only. Reservations are required.
El Arrabbeya - This restaurant specializes in Middle Eastern cuisine and serves dinner only. Reservations are required.
24-hour room service is available.
A private beach and a health club are featured at the resort. 7 outdoor swimming pools and 2 spa tubs are on site. In addition to a children's pool, other recreational amenities include a waterslide, a sauna, and a steam room.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the health club, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the health club, fitness facility, or spa tub.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Motor boating on site
- Parasailing on site
- Tennis lessons on site
- Water skiing on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Golfing nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Tennis on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Playground on site
- Aerobics on site
- Beach volleyball on site
- Steam room in spa
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is Noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 85
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 50 (from 3 to 12 years old)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.