My family of five got much more than we had expected. The staff is remarkably friendly and more than happy to let you bumble along in Spanish if you like or switch to English if that's your preference. Great stay.
Staying at Hotel Soleil was one of the most satisfying and enjoyable places I've ever stayed at. I've been from Australia to Spain, Thailand to Russia, and this was one of the best hotel I've ever stayed in. In no way was my stay negative and I not only recommend staying there, but look forward to visiting again in the future. The staff was great, the food was wonderful, and any tour or excursion you want can be booked right there with their hosipitable tour agent.
John Matthews from Charlotte, North Carolina
Hotel real plaza is located in La Antigua- Guatemala.Designed with special details- hotel Real Plaza boasts beautifully …More
We stayed at Casa Encantada for 10 days. We loved how authentic the hotel was. If you want to feel like you're staying at a local, charming home this is a great choice.
What we enjoyed:
1. Breakfasts in the terrace were delicious and complimentary. Our waitress was Maria Augustina, and she was so pleasant. There are about 6 main breakfast options but we would modify dishes and order extra items at no additional charge.
2. We ordered room service, which is brought from the main hotel around the corner and can be charged to your room. Delicious seafood.
3. The small hotel likely has 9 rooms from what I could tell, and every main area is kept very clean. I loved how tiny the place was.
4. The location is about 4 blocks from the main plaza so we walked everyday to everything.
5. The trip to Tikal that the hotel organized for us was great! Early AM pickup with a driver, flight to Flores, tour guide, lunch, and drop off back at the hotel was all included in the packet. It was great!
6. The entire staff is so accommodating. You can tell even the driver is hoping you will come back.
What a great place to stay! I'm planning to come back next year for Christmas! It's gorgeous there.
Entire staff were exceptionally friendly. Front desk staff and concierge spoke fluent English.
Majority of guests I ran into were Americans.
It was a pleasant stay.
I felt very safe and secure in this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel.
*For these packages, package savings is at least equal to the cost of the flight or hotel if booked separately. Note: For packages including flights, you will be charged by the airline for the flight, but your savings on the package will equal the cost of the flight.
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.