A very good, central spot, great as a base for sight seeing. Our room was very big and clean. It's not particularly fancy - it's basically like an upmarket travel lodge - but generally nice. I was a bit annoyed to be charged 12 euro a night for a travel cot, which I thought was a bit mean. otherwise, good.
Fiona from UK
The four stars Cityhotel at the Gendarmen market offers our guests a personal home in the heart of Berlin. Business people …More
This was my first visit to Berlin and the accommodation that was chosen for me by Expedia surpassed all expectations. I felt very safe there being that I was travelling alone but attending an event which was just about a five minutes walk away from the venue
The awesome part:
- There's a male receptionist in the evening (forgot his name) there's only one - he's really helpful with tips on restaurants, sightseeing. You've got to speak to him. He's awesome !!!!
The good part:
- Very central hotel
- Nice clean rooms and have a beautiful view of the river! I was in room #3.
- The attached cafe has a nice breakfast buffet. Worth the 10 euros!
- The room and bathroom are cleaned everyday by a maid service.
- The s-Bhan stating is a 5 min walk - so no need tot take a taxi.
- Reception: The ladies attending to the reception in the day time are not very helpful - don't even smile!
- The internet signal in the rooms is patchy and almost not there - but strong in the lobby.
- The bathroom is private - but not attached to the room! Its the next door in the corridor and opens with your room key. Nobody else uses it ... but its awkward to have to go out of your room to the bathroom each time!
Overall: I recommend a stay here.
The hotel Artist Riverside Berlin Mitte is located on the banks of the Spree river, in the heart of Berlin-Mitte , not far …More
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.