Availability: Grand Hotel Minerva
Historic hotel with modern feel on central piazza
Collect 200 points.*
Simply enter your Nectar card number on the confirmation page. Your points will be credited 30 days after your trip is complete. *Offers may apply
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, our elite customers are invited to enjoy the free room upgrades and other benefits upon availability at check-in.See details
Dating back to the Middle Ages, this grand residence is one of the oldest hotels in Florence and occupies the charming Santa Maria Novella piazza, 150 metres from the main train station.
During the warmer months, guests can recline on sun loungers and enjoy drinks from the marble-topped bar, accompanied by panoramic views across the city.
Marble and minibars
Modern guestrooms feature distressed wood furniture and come equipped with television, wireless Internet, and minibars; marble-tiled bathrooms include showers and tubs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities are closed seasonally each year. They will be closed from 1 October to 14 April:
- Swimming pool
Grand Hotel Minerva Amenities
Between May and September guests can soak up the sun and enjoy the city views from the rooftop solarium. The outdoor pool is open from April to September. Over June and July the terrace also hosts live jazz accompanied by aperitifs. A marble-topped bar is also open over the summer serving a range of drinks and snacks. Alternatively, an American bar is open year-round in the reception area overlooking the piazza.
Facilities for business guests include complimentary wireless Internet access and a complimentary Internet connection point. All hotel guests are also offered discounted access to the facilities at a nearby fitness center.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Total number of rooms - 102
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 6
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Business center
- One meeting room
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Picnic area
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Free breakfast
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Shower/tub combination
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Satellite TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- In-room safe
- Free Wi-Fi
I Chiostri - Open from April to September, this restaurant serves a range of seasonal Mediterranean and Tuscan dishes and opens out onto a terrace overlooking the piazza for al fresco dining in fine weather. Open for lunch and dinner.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Grand Hotel Minerva Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4 per person, per night, up to 7 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 12 years of age.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: EUR 30-40 per day
- Additional Details
Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.