Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room Single Use
- Single Occupancy
Standard Double Room - AdvancePurchase
- One Double Bed
Standard Twin Room, 2 Single Beds
- Two Twin Beds
Tollcross area, near Edinburgh Castle, EICC, Grassmarket and Royal Mile
Collect 200 points.*
Simply enter your Nectar card number on the confirmation page. Your points will be credited 30 days after your trip is complete. *Offers may apply
Near castle and theatres
This Edinburgh hotel is within 0.6 km (0.4 mi) of Edinburgh Castle, the Edinburgh International Conference Centre, and the Royal Lyceum, Kings and Festival Theatres
Friendly and convenient
Located in a convenient spot. Friendly and welcoming staff are on hand to ensure you have a great stay
Stylish and comfortable
with welcome tea tray, TV, direct dial telephone, desk top modem point, FREE WiFi, laptop safe, hairdryer and ensuite bathroomInformation missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Just a few minutes from Edinburgh’s city centre and principal financial/business district, Edinburgh City Hotel is located in a superb spot. The Old and New towns are within easy reach, and tourist treats like Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile and Hollyrood Palace are as easy to get to
FREE WiFi, stylish and comfy guest rooms and very competitive rates may just make your mind up that this is the hotel for you! Friendly welcoming staff will always go the extra mile to ensure your stay in Edinburgh is a memorable one
- Total number of rooms - 52
- Number of floors - 4
- 24-hour front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Room service
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Direct-dial phone
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Coffee/tea maker
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Digital TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
Simpsons is informal yet cool and contemporary. You can expect great food and service. The Che'fs use of Scotland's natural larder to create tasty simple dishes will be sure to hit the spot!
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.