Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Room, 1 King Bed
City Double Room
Deluxe Double Room
- One King Bed
Family Room, 2 Double Beds
Next to Edinburgh Castle in the Grassmarket
Collect 200 points.*
Simply enter your Nectar card number on the confirmation page. Your points will be credited 30 days after your trip is complete. *Offers may apply
Near Royal Mile
Set on the cobbled Grassmarket, this contemporary hotel is overlooked by Edinburgh Castle, and is within 500 metres of The Royal Mile and Princes Street gardens.
Modern Scottish dishes are served in the top-floor restaurant, which offers views of the lit-up castle at night; the castle can also be seen from the swimming pool in the basement spa.
Guestrooms feature richly coloured fabrics, suede upholstery, limited edition photo prints by Scottish artist Richard Demarco, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms include free rubber ducks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the Apex International Hotel, and the concierge can provide information on local tourist attractions.
The hotel houses five conference rooms, with capacity for up to 200 people, and able to accommodate business meetings, wedding receptions, and banquets.
Secure parking is provided on site for up to 60 cars (surcharge).
- Swimming pool - indoor
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 171
- Audiovisual equipment
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 5
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Business center
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 84
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 906
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Direct-dial phone
- Complimentary bottled water
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-room safe
- LCD TV
Heights - Narrow restaurant located on top floor of hotel with floor-to-ceiling windows framing views of Edinburgh Castle, which is lit up at night. Warm decor in wood, marble, chocolate brown upholstered chairs, and white linen topped tables. Serves contemporary Scottish and international dishes. Open for breakfast daily, and dinner Monday to Saturday.
Metro Bar - Modern split-level bar and brasserie overlooking the Grassmarket and Edinburgh Castle. Upper-level bar has low tables, leather sofas, and a plasma-screen TV.
Yu-Time Leisure facilities, located on the hotel's basement level, include a gym with treadmills, exercise bikes, weight machines and wall-mounted TVs; complimentary bottled water and towels are provided. There is also a stainless steel, ozone-treated pool with views out to the Grassmarket and castle, and a ‘tropicarium' with sauna and solarium. Access to the spa is complimentary and is exclusive to Apex Hotel guests.
Arthur's Seat, two miles from the hotel, offers many different walks with views over Edinburgh Castle and the old town and, on clear days, to the Ochil Hills and the Firth of Forth. There are over 20 golf courses in and around the city.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-out time is noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: GBP 12 per night
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Kids eat free offer:
- Children up to 12 years old eat free when dining off the kids' menu with an accompanying paying guest staying and dining at the hotel