A few minutes walk away from Castellina. Halfway down a hill overlooking miles and miles of vineyards. Absolutely gorgeous location. Away from the hustle and bustle and generally very serene and peaceful. Some farming activity on the vineyards so expect some noise during the day. A very charming building nestled among a very cute garden (in full bloom when we stayed there) broken into various unique areas where you can sit and take in the breathtaking views. Reasonably sized pool overlooking the vineyards. Very clean. Option to use jacuzzi.
Beautiful, well decorated and romantic rooms. You'll find a scented candle lit on your arrival and flowers from the garden in your room. Very clean room and ensuite. Comfortable large bed. No air conditioning but none really needed.
Excellent homemade breakfast served outside.
Can also dine at the hotel. Good stock of local wines.
Staff with excellent command of English. Very nice, helpful and caring.
This is a true heaven on Earth, not just because of the breathtaking surroundings and the beautiful rooms but also because of the service and level of attention paid to every single detail of your stay. You can sit back and relax in the knowledge that you will be very well taken care of. We will definitely go back!
Naz from London
Located in the heart of the Chianti countryside, Bed & Breakfast Podere Palazzolo lies only 1 km from the characteristic …More
I stayed in this hotel with my husband for 2 nights as part of a trip around Tuscany in June. It was in a beautiful location on the seafront and our room had a large balcony with a great view (we paid a little extra for this and it was worth it). The hotel has a lovely pool, but it was a little cold to swim in this early in the summer (June). The breakfast was delicious and included fresh coffee, a continental buffet and eggs and bacon cooked on request.
The restaurant served really excellent food - the seafood especially was really delicious. This was not included but is highly recommended. The terrace of the hotel was also a beautiful setting to eat dinner outside with a sea view.
The area around the hotel is quiet but nice. The beach is quite rocky and we preferred to sit by the pool. On a rainy day there was not much to do in the local area but with a hire car we were able to easily explore inland and further down the coast.
Situated on a hillside in the heart of the Tuscan countryside Hotel Colle Etrusco Salivolpi is an ancient country house …More
A perfect spot to unwind after Florence etc. Beautiful,warm and cheerful, Christina and all are friendly and a pleasure, they obviously like what they do. Great breakfast and a good dinner menu dinner expertly served.
Hotel Belvedere San Leonino is gorgeously set in the Chianti region, in the very heart of Tuscany , only a few minutes …More
Tenuta di Ricavo was a perfect retreat for us. It's ideal in so many ways for the following reasons, among others:
- it's in the center of things. Less than 1 hour from Florence and San Gimignano; just over an hour from Siena; within 10 minutes of Castellina of Chianti; within 30 minutes of Radda. These weren't the only places visited, but they're on the top of the list if you're in Chianti and should help you get a sense of how quickly you can access points north/south/east/west
- it's unbelievably charming, tucked away from all sounds but that of nature
- the staff are so kind and generous with their time and expertise, offering many suggestions and solutions to consider for your day trips. All are so warm and friendly. I can't say enough about them
- they have a restaurant for all meals of the day which offers delicious options, and it's not exclusive to hotel guests
- the rooms are extremely clean and cozy
- the views surrounding and within make you want to linger
- plenty of free parking
- two pools with great space for sunbathing or just reading under an umbrella
- their wine selection was wonderful. I'm not an oenophile but I witnessed many guests lingering on the patios enjoying wines purchased from the hotel or brought back from various vineyard tours
- they have wonderful common space rooms for guests to read, gather by a fire, enjoy drinks and meals together, etc.
Sandy from DC
Located in Castellina in Chianti, the hotel Tenuta di Ricavo welcomes you in a medieval hamlet, immersed in 1000 acres of …More
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.