Book your room at Grand Hotel Esplanade Berlin
We are unable to search for rooms at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.
Modern, luxury hotel between Potsdamer Platz and Ku`damm
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia members receive free room upgrades and and members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Next to canal in downtown
In the heart of downtown Berlin, this luxury hotel faces the Tiergarten Park, is between Kurfürstendamm and the famous boulevard Unter den Linden, near a metro station, and within 1.5 mi (2.5 km) of Brandenburg Gate.
Spa, trendy bar
In addition to 2 restaurants and a trendy cocktail bar, the Grand Hotel Esplanade Berlin features 1 meeting/conference room, a spa with an indoor pool, and a gym.
City or river views
Guestrooms at the Grand Hotel Esplanade Berlin include featherbeds and large windows with city or river views along with flat-panel televisions, high-speed Internet access, bahttub or shower, and blackout drapes/curtains.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- Swimming pool
At your hotel
At your hotel
Located in the center of downtown Berlin, the stylish Grand Hotel Esplanade Berlin features sleek design elements including its signature water wall. There is an international restaurant, a lobby-level lounge, traditional German bar, and a buffet breakfast area. Harrys New York Bar is a trendy cocktail spot for locals and tourists alike. This smoke-free hotel also features a spa with an indoor pool and fitness center.
A full-service concierge and 24-hour business center are on site. Event space is available for up to 450 guests and includes several conference rooms. An Internet point and audiovisual equipment are available. The hotel's private yacht, the MS Esplanade, is moored on the canal and can be reserved for events, conferences, and parties. Event planning and catering is available for conferences, meetings, weddings, and celebrations. Babysitting services are available, for a surcharge.
- Indoor pool
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 394
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 7
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Fireplace in lobby
- Full-service spa
- Computer station
- One meeting room
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Health club
- Hair salon
- Laundry facilities
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1988
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access (9.95 EUR per 24 hours surcharge), Wired internet access (9.95 EUR per 24 hours surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access (9.95 EUR per 24 hours surcharge), Wired high-speed internet (9.95 EUR per 24 hours surcharge)
Park your car
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
In your room
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Pillow menu
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- LED TV
Eat and drink
Ellipse Lounge - Lobby-level restaurant serving international cuisine as well as drinks and appetizers.
Eck Restaurant - Traditional German bar serving local cuisine and German-style ales. Open for dinner only and closed on Sundays.
Elements - Breakfast-only restaurant with a daily changing, comprehensive range of food and beverages.
Harry's New-York Bar - With a drink menu of nearly 200 choices, the bar offers an international selection of classic and new cocktails along with light fare. Live music every night.
Room service is available. A breakfast buffet with hot and cold items (surcharge) is available daily.
The hotel spa has an indoor pool and a state-of-the-art fitness center with cardio and strength equipment and a weight bench. Bicycles are available for rent and jogging maps of Tiergarten Park are also available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours nearby
The Esplanade Spa and Fitnesslounge offers massage treatment rooms, a solarium, sanarium (combination of steam room and sauna), and 2 saunas: an herb sauna and one that features music and light (surcharges apply for spa facilities).
- Manicures and pedicures
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
The fine print for Grand Hotel Esplanade Berlin
When you arrive
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
The city of Berlin imposes a city tax of 5%. Business travelers with proof of business-related travel are exempt from this tax. Guests can contact the property using the information contained in the confirmation received after booking.
When you leave
Check-out time is noon
How you can pay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 22.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): EUR 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: EUR 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: EUR 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 20 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: EUR 25.00 per pet, per day
- Early check-in fee: EUR 105
- Late check-out fee: EUR 105
- Deposit: EUR 50 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 30.00 per day
- Facilities fee: EUR 9.00 per person, per day and includes use of:
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.