Book your room at The Toren
Historic Canal House on the Keizersgracht
Collect 200 points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when prompted. Your points will be credited 30 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Located in 2 nearby buildings in the center of Amsterdam, on the Keizersgracht Canal, this family-run boutique hotel is in close proximity to the Jordaan district and the Anne Frank House. Dam Square and the Royal Palace are both about a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Established in a 17th-century Amsterdam Canal House, The Toren features a fireplace in the lobby. Property amenities include meeting space, concierge services, and roundtrip airport tranportation.
Each of the 38 historic guestrooms has a chic, theatrical atmosphere accented by red and black décor. Rooms are equipped with LCD televisions, complimentary wireless Internet access, minibars, and espresso makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Built as a canal house in 1618, The Toren was bought and converted into a hotel in 1968, opening its doors in 1969. Today, the property retains classic architecture and furnishings, including a fireplace in the lobby, while offering modern amenities.
The hotel has a meeting/conference room and business services, including free Internet access and audiovisual equipment. There is a bar/lounge on site, and room service is available from the neighboring Restaurant Christophe. Air conditioning is in all public areas. The hotel also offers concierge services, tours/ticket assistance, and currency exchange. Multilingual staff run the 24-hour front desk, and coffee is available in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available during scheduled times.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 38
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1618
- Conference space size (feet) - 323
- Conference space size (meters) - 30
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Soundproofed rooms
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
Nearby Things to Do
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Check-in time starts at 2:00 PM
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Only dogs and cats are allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 14 for adults and EUR 7 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 18 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 14 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 10 years old)
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per night (maximum EUR 100 per stay) plus EUR 10 one-time cleaning fee
- Deposit: EUR 50 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 20 per night
We should mention
Accommodations are situated at multiple addresses. This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.
This hotel has received its official star rating from the Netherlands Tourist Board.