Book your room at The Toren
Historic Canal House on the Keizersgracht
Located in 2 nearby buildings in the center of Amsterdam, on the Keizersgracht Canal, this family-run boutique hotel is in close proximity to the Jordaan district and the Anne Frank House. Dam Square and the Royal Palace are both about a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Established in a 17th-century Amsterdam Canal House, The Toren features a fireplace in the lobby. Property amenities include meeting space, concierge services, and roundtrip airport tranportation.
Each of the 38 historic guestrooms has a chic, theatrical atmosphere accented by red and black décor. Rooms are equipped with cable televisions, complimentary wireless Internet access, minibars, and coffee/tea makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
At your hotel
At your hotel
Built as a canal house in 1618, The Toren was bought and converted into a hotel in 1968, opening its doors in 1969. Today, the property retains classic architecture and furnishings, including a fireplace in the lobby, while offering modern amenities.
The hotel has a meeting/conference room and business services, including free Internet access and audiovisual equipment. There is a bar/lounge on site, and room service is available from the neighboring Restaurant Christophe. Air conditioning is in all public areas. The hotel also offers concierge services, tours/ticket assistance, and currency exchange. Multilingual staff run the 24-hour front desk, and coffee is available in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available during scheduled times.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 38
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Conference space size (meters) - 30
- Year Built 1618
- Conference space size (feet) - 323
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Park your car
Valet parking (surcharge)
In your room
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Soundproofed rooms
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
The fine print for The Toren
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 2:00 PM
When you leave
Check-out time is noon
How you can pay
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Only dogs and cats are allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Breakfast fee: EUR 14 for adults and EUR 7 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 18 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 14 (roundtrip), (from 3 to 10 years old)
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per night (maximum EUR 100 per stay) plus EUR 10 one-time cleaning fee
- Deposit: EUR 50 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 20 per night
We should mention
Accommodations are situated at multiple addresses. This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.