Book your room at Die Port van Cleve Hotel
Standard Room, 2 Single BedsMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Superior Room, 2 Single BedsMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Executive Room, 2 Single BedsMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Business Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Standard Single Room, 1 Single BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Standard Room, 1 Double BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child, 1 infant)
Amsterdam historic hotel near Nieuwe Kerk
By Magna Plaza
This family-owned hotel is centrally located in Amsterdam's shopping and business district behind the Dam Square and Royal Palace, next to the Magna Plaza shopping mall.
Opened in 1870, Die Port van Cleve Hotel is set in the former Heineken brewery has a brasserie serving buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and two historic bars.
The 6-story hotel has 122 rooms with small sitting areas, complimentary wireless Internet access, and laptop-sized in-room safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Die Port van Cleve Hotel has a brasserie, two bars, 5 meeting rooms, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Guest services include currency exchange, concierge desk, 24-hour reception, dry cleaning, and front desk safe deposit box.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 122
- 24-hour front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee shop or café
- Free WiFi
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1870
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Premium TV channels
- Room service
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Brasserie de Poort - This casual dining brasserie decorated in warm green and gold is famous for its numbered steaks (they served their 6 millionth steak in 2004). Buffet breakfast plus international and Dutch cuisine served for lunch and dinner daily.
de Hooiberg Bar - Overlooking the street, this historic bar next to the brasserie was once part of the Heineken brewery, with wall frescoes and wooden floors. Guests can stop in for drinks or light snacks from late morning through early evening.
Bodega De Blauwe Parade - This historic Dutch bar open since 1870 has wooden booths, stained glass windows, and genuine Delft tiles along the walls. The bar features Dutch liqueur tasting and storytelling of the bar's history.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests can explore Amsterdam by foot, tram, bus, taxi, or canal boat. Bicycle rentals are available throughout the city for riding the bike-path (fietpads) network that crisscrosses the country. Vondelpark, two blocks from Leidse Square and Museum Square, is popular for jogging, walking, cycling, and roller skating.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- A 5 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Breakfast fee: EUR 19.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 26 per person (roundtrip)
- Late check-out fee: EUR 50
- Deposit: EUR 60 per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 20 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 50 per night
- Die Port Van Cleve Amsterdam
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die Port Van Cleve
We should mention
Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
This hotel has received its official star rating from the Netherlands Tourist Board.