The location is prime, for the price you pay, the hotel offers a great offer of restaurants, public transportation options and attractions in walking distance. We slept very well, the room was always clean and the staff very kind and helpful.
Attending a conference in Berlin and was booked here by the university. We stayed on for an extra week at our own expense. The "standard room" is small but very clean, great staff, and hotel is convenient to cafes, museums and walking around. The english- language version of the website is not as detailed at the German version and it suggests that the hotel may not accept credit cards once you are there. They do take credit cards and can also help you with ubahn tickets, stamps, etc. Great breakfasts though pricey if you don't plan on a long relaxing meal. That internet is available for free in the lobby made the lingering breakfast attractive. Loved the courtyard sitting area. The staff bi-lingual was incredibly helpful with directions. And I will certainly stay there again.
"Good value, excellent location, would definately use again."
The apartment offered good value accomodation in an excellent central location, just off Friedrichstrasse. Checkpoint Charlie is one block away and it's about a ten minute walk to Unter Den Linden (the main drag) for the Bundestag, Brandenburg gate etc. It's two minutes from a U-Bahn (underground) station too, so everywhere is easily accessible. The apartment itself was no-frills but clean, comfortable, functional and of a good size. The owner picked my colleague up from the airport for a very reasonable fee and was very helpful and welcoming.
I would certainly recommend the apartment to anyone visiting Berlin.
Darren from Bedfordshire, UK
City Center Checkpoint offers 2 self-catering apartments in Berlin Mitte . The accommodations are centrally located on …More
The awesome part:
- There's a male receptionist in the evening (forgot his name) there's only one - he's really helpful with tips on restaurants, sightseeing. You've got to speak to him. He's awesome !!!!
The good part:
- Very central hotel
- Nice clean rooms and have a beautiful view of the river! I was in room #3.
- The attached cafe has a nice breakfast buffet. Worth the 10 euros!
- The room and bathroom are cleaned everyday by a maid service.
- The s-Bhan stating is a 5 min walk - so no need tot take a taxi.
- Reception: The ladies attending to the reception in the day time are not very helpful - don't even smile!
- The internet signal in the rooms is patchy and almost not there - but strong in the lobby.
- The bathroom is private - but not attached to the room! Its the next door in the corridor and opens with your room key. Nobody else uses it ... but its awkward to have to go out of your room to the bathroom each time!
Overall: I recommend a stay here.
The hotel Artist Riverside Berlin Mitte is located on the banks of the Spree river, in the heart of Berlin-Mitte , not far …More
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.