We wanted to return to Malcesine after 15 years since our last trip, and we booked this hotel which is in Navene, 3 miles away from Malcesine, an hour walk, which we did several times, and a pleasant walk it is, but you can use the tourist bus which runs every hour.
The views are lovely, however if you are b&b you are limited to 3 restaurants about 10 mins walk from hotel.
We went early September and the weather was still good, and we were able to find room to swim on the lake which is just across the road.
If you have transport this hotel will be perfect but it is a distance away from any night life
I would not stay at this hotel myself as it is a bit too far from the town, but welcomed the experience this time round
Proberly one of the best views of the lake from our room. Staff were extremly helpful when my wife was not well for a day. They phoned the local chemist to see if it was open as it was a Sunday. As we were there for a wedding they took an intrest as to how it went. They made sure that any taxis we required were there on time. Our taxi driver was a friend of the hotel who was a font of all knowledge with reasonable rates. Will definitely go back again. Hotel is situated approximatly 20 minutes walk along the edge of the lake into Malcesine where you can eat & drink in some of the many resturants & bars. Several boat trips can be arranged from the town.
We had a very relaxing & enjoyable stay.
It should be noted that if you are a light sleeper you may be disturbed by the weir, but that drowns out the passing traffic on the main road. You don't hear it after a while and it helps keep the air cool on those lovely hot summer days!
Malcesine was a great choice of place to stay. It had everything we wanted;winding streets,good shops,restaurants and bars. Good bus service to Garda & Verona, and boat trips to Limone.The Castle was worth the visit and the cable car to the top of Mount Baldo gave breathtaking views of Lake Garda and the mountains beyond.
Gill from Wirral
This hotel is housed in a traditionally Italian building and located 100 metres from the shore of Lake Garda in the centre of …More
We loved our trip to Lake Garda! We're on a 3 months trip to Italy, been to Rome, Firenze, Venice and now Garda, this residence (this is an apartment, not a hotel) is 1 km away from Malcesine, the most amazing little town I've ever seen so far.
The location has good view, but there are many things to take into consideration -
1. Nearest supermarket is 1 km away (9 min walk), you have to walk on a main road with no sidewalk, it's pretty scary.
2. There's a bus stop right below the residence, but bus frequency from Peschiera Train Station is low - it should be every hour but we waited 1 hour and 40 minutes for it to show up. The hotel can arrange a transportation for 47e.
3. Prices of restaurants and cafeteria are twice as expensive then the rest of Italy. At Rome and Firenze latte macchiato costs 1.3e, while here it's 3 to 3.5e.
4. Room won't be cleaned until you leave, even if it's more than one week, towels and linnen are replaced once a week. We've been there 2.5 weeks but got only 1 extra toilet paper.
5. The nearest laundry service is in Malcesine, so you'll have to carry it 1.4 km in bags, pay 10e for WASH ONLY, carry wet and heavy cloth back to residence and hang them to dry. BTW the laundry owner can decide that your 4 kg laundry is 15 kg and charge you for 20e, she determines it by using her hand as an accurate weighting device.
6. Since on the main road, there's a lot of noise in room.
But still we enjoyed this place a lot, it was perfect for us.
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.